GreenUp Ashland's “Adopt-A-Street” program is seasonal (May through October) volunteer-driven cleanup program to help address the community concerns of littering and cleaner sections and unincorporated streets on an ongoing bases with support from the Ashland Department of Public Works.
The Adopt-A-Street program provides business and residents with an opportunity to do something positive for the community - with cleaner streets and neighborhoods, increased neighborhood pride and property value.
Adoption cleanup runs from May till early/late October (depending on the weather)
Adopt-a Street activities can be used as community service hours for High School students as well.
Community Service Submission Form Download
Town of Ashland Responsibilities:
- Ensure Waste Management pickup of filled adopt-a-street bags from residents' regular trash pick-up
- Ensure DPW pickup of filled adopt-a-street bags from provided adopted locations.
GreenUp Ashland Responsiblities:
- Provides yellow adopt-a-street trash bags to participants
- Approve streets and/or locations adopted by participants
- Ensure that all participants sign the Volunteer/Participant Waiver form
- Track adoption locations and distribution bags monthly over the season.
Adopt-A-Street Participant Responsibilities:
Sign up is easy and completely online. You will need to fill out the the required Volunteer/Participant Waiver and provide the street location(s) you would like to adopt.
** Be sure to refer to the "adopted street/locations" table below for adoption location availability.
**If you are adopting a portion of a long road/street, then provide a start and end location. i.e. corner from intersecting streets in the "notes" section on the sign-up form.
- Pick up the adopt-a-street trash bags monthly (schedule below)
- Either place filled adopt-a-street yellow bags with your regularly scheduled trash pickup or leave at adopted location and email email@example.com for DPW pickup.
- Adoption pickup is done the participants leisure and on average cleaning up of locations takes about an hour. How many times you want to cleanup your adopted area is up to you.
If large items are found during adoption cleanup, place filled adopt-a-street bag next to debris and DPW will remove large items/debris.
2022 Adopt-A-Street GreenUp Ashland Bag Schedule:
Bags will be provided the following days outside of the Ashland Farmers Market from 9-10am:
June 18th - GreenUp Ashland will have a table at the Farmers Market all day for bag pickup