GreenUp Ashland's “Adopt-A-Street” program is a volunteer-driven clean up program to help address the community concerns of littering and cleaner streets. This program includes support from the Ashland Department of Public Works to collect litter and clean up sections of unincorporated area roadways. The Adopt-A-Street program provides business and residents with an opportunity to do something positive for the community - with cleaner streets and neighborhoods, increased neighborhood pride and property value.
Town of Ashland Responsibilities:
- Ensure Waste Management removes filled bags that are provided by GreenUp Ashland from either residents' regular trash pick-up or provided adopted locations.
- Monitor the yellow GreenUp Ashland provided trash bag pick up volume as reported by Waste Management
GreenUp Ashland Responsiblities:
- Provides yellow GreenUp Ashland trash bags street volunteer/participants that are adopting
- Approve streets adopted by volunteers/participants
- Ensure that all participants sign the Volunteer/Participant Waiver form
- Track participant clean up participation
- Provide monthly trash distribution of yellow GreenUp Ashland bags to allow participant participation
Adopt-A-Street Participant Responsibilities:
Be sure to refer to the "adopted street/locations" table below for adoption location availability.
**If you are adopting a portion of a long road/street, then provide a start and end location. i.e. corner from intersecting streets
- Pick up specific yellow adoption cleanup trash bags monthly (below)
- Place filled GreenUp Ashland yellow trash bags curbside for pick up on your regularly scheduled trash pick-up day or in location of adoption cleanup.
2020 Adopt-A-Street GreenUp Ashland Bag Schedule:
Bags will be provided the following days at the Farmers Market from 9-10am:
Questions? Contact us via email