GreenUp Ashland's “Adopt-A-Street” program is a volunteer-driven clean up program to help address the community concerns of littering and cleaner streets. This program includes support from the Ashland Department of Public Works to collect litter and clean up sections of unincorporated area roadways. The Adopt-A-Street program provides business and residents with an opportunity to do something positive for the community - with cleaner streets and neighborhoods, increased neighborhood pride and property value. Adoption cleanup runs from Spring till early/late fall (depending on the weather) Adopt-a Street activities can be used as community service hours for High School students as well.
Town of Ashland Responsibilities:
- Ensure Waste Management pickup of filled adopt-a-street bags from residents' regular trash pick-up
- Ensure DPW pickup of filled adopt-a-street bags from provided adopted locations.
GreenUp Ashland Responsiblities:
- Provides yellow adopt-a-street trash bags to participants
- Approve streets and/or locations adopted by participants
- Ensure that all participants sign the Volunteer/Participant Waiver form
- Track adoption locations and distribution bags monthly over the season.
Adopt-A-Street Participant Responsibilities:
** Be sure to refer to the "adopted street/locations" table below for adoption location availability. **If you are adopting a portion of a long road/street, then provide a start and end location. i.e. corner from intersecting streets
- Pick up adopt-a-street trash bags monthly (below)
- Either place filled adopt-a-street yellow bags with your regularly scheduled trash pickup or leave at adopted location and email a for DPW pickup.
If large items are found during adoption cleanup, place filled adopt-a-street bag next to debris and DPW will remove large items/debris.
2021 Adopt-A-Street GreenUp Ashland Bag Schedule:
Bags will be provided the following days outside of the Ashland Farmers Market from 9-10am:
Questions? Contact us via email